- Our Products
- Water Based Bituminous Membrane
Water Based Bituminous Membrane
Providing you the best range of tarfelt lm water based bituminous membrane with effective & timely delivery.
TarFelt LM Water Based Bituminous Membrane
Product Price: Rs 120 / KgGet Best Price
Minimum Order Quantity: 10 Kg
|Packaging Size||20 Litre|
|Shelf Life||12 Month|
TarFelt® LM is a single component, water based elastomeric polymerized bituminous emulsion with selected graded fine fillers and some additives TarFelt® LM is applied by brush / roller without any use of heat. TarFelt® LM forms a tough, elastomeric, monolithic, seamless water proofing membrane. For non-trafficable roofs, TarFelt® LM may be coated with SuperSilverShield (aluminium finish) or with ShaliCryl 215 E to provide UV resistance and aesthetic look. For Trafficable roofs / areas, TarFelt® LM shall be protected with screed / tiles / china mosaic with a separation layer of ShaliGeoText of minimum 150 gsm.
• Waterproofing of industrial roof – corrugated asbestos / galvanized iron sheet / others.
• Rejuvenation of existing bituminous membrane – Hessian / HMHDPE based membrane.
• Residential terraces (flat / slope) in substitution of hessian / HMHDPE based membrane.
• Water based product, cleaner technology, non toxic.
• Easy to apply by brush / roller.
• Cold applied and hence does not require heating.
• Excellent impermeability.
• Good crack bridging property.
• Good flexibility and does not crack on aging.
• Prevents growth of fungus, algae etc.
A. Do not apply TarFelt® LM over metal sheet roof, whether corrugated or otherwise, except in case of rejuvenation. Use TarFelt APP for metal sheet roof application.
B. Directly Over Substrate
• Remove dust, flakes, or other foreign particles by scrubbing / wire brush / jet of dry air. Clean the surface mechanically or by grinding to make it smooth.
• Prime the cleaned surface with the mixture of TarFelt® LM and water in equal ratio.
• Allow it to dry till it becomes tacky.
• Apply the first coat of TarFelt® LM by brush / roller / spray on primed surface @ 1.0 kg / m2 .
• Spread non-woven ShaliGeoText of 50 gsm polyester base mesh over the first coat of TarFelt® LM when the surface is tacky with an overlap of 50 mm on both directions.
• Allow the first coat to dry with the non-woven mat spread as above.
• Apply second coat of TarFelt® LM @ 1.0 kg / m2 and saturate the reinforcement totally.
• For all flat roofs, conduct pond testing as per ASTM D5957-98 standard after 7 days of curing of second coat of TarFelt® LM.
• For trafficable area, protect TarFelt® LM with screed / tiles / china mosaic with a separation layer of ShaliGeoText of minimum 150 gsm. For trafficable roof in case of screed finish, use ShaliPolyFibre @ 600 gm / m3 and ShaliPlast LW+ / STP No 1 (Liquid) @ 200 ml / bag of cement to improve the resistance to crack formation and as well as impact waterproofing properties in screed.
• For non-trafficable area, top coat with SuperSilverShield / ShaliCryl 215 E for UV protection and aesthetics.
• Coverage shall depend on application and surface finish of substrate
C. Rejuvenation of Existing Treatment
• Clean existing surface thoroughly and correct any visual defects.
• Any part existing if loose, to be removed and re-fixed.
• TarFelt® LM shall be applied thereafter as stated earlier above, adopt the final finish also as suggested above.
Health & Safety
• Use mask, nose cover and hand gloves during application.
• Clean hands with soap water after application.
Store in a cool dry place, under shed, away from heat.
12 months in original unopened sealed condition.
Get Best QuoteRequest A Callback